Tai Chi is a combination of moving, standing and sitting meditation exercises. These help those who practise it regularly to become stronger, healthier and happier. According to Harvard Medical School, it is one of the five best exercises. Indeed, scientific evidence verifies the healing potential of this widely practised traditional Chinese system of energy or Chi movements.The latest studies have shown that Tai Chi has a beneficial impact on health. Not only does it has a positive impact on the heart, bones, nerves and muscles, but also benefits immune system and the mind.
TAI CHI WITH YOGA MAMA WELLNESS
Our Tai Chi classes follow the Yang family system. This is the most widely practised Tai Chi system in the world. The slow natural graceful movements were once used as a powerful martial art system. Nowadays, they are now used to strengthen mind and body and, in addition, to help slow down the effects of ageing.
Our warm down consists of eight Treasures (Ba Duan Jin) Qi Gong. There are eight simple health preservation exercises from The Chinese Health Qi Gong Association. These enhance limb strength and joint flexibility; in addition to improving the respiratory, cardiovascular and immune systems.
In line with social distancing regulations in place due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, our studio in Putney is closed until further notice. We will continue to offer our Tai Chi classes online.
COST AND MORE INFORMATION
Single sessions cost £12.75 and class passes (bundles of 6 classes) cost £76.50. These are available to purchase via our online booking system. Please note that enrolment on classes closes 60 minutes before classes are due to commence, so book early to avoid disappointment. For more information, please send an email to email@example.com or call 07939 589 083.
- Please sign in or sign up for your class as normal.
- Enrolment for online classes closes 60 minutes before classes are scheduled to commence, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Check your inbox for an email from us with the ZOOM meeting link around 15 minutes before the start of the class.
- Join the ‘meeting’ 5 minutes or so before the class with your audio and video switched on so that the teacher can say hello. You can then go off and do other things or get settled before the class starts.
ONLINE CLASSES: TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Our online classes are powered by ZOOM. In order to join a class:
- Download the latest version of Zoom. We recommend leaving plenty of time for this so as to avoid any last minute hitches before your class starts.
- Mobile/ Tablet users can download the ZOOM app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Ensure your device is charged sufficiently for the duration of the class (75 minutes).