At The Putney Clinic of Physical Therapy we offer a Sports Psychology service with Hannah Stoyel. Sports Psychology applies the psychological principles of human performance to help sports people consistently perform to the best of their ability. It can also help sports people to enjoy performing more thoroughly.
THE AIM OF SPORTS PSYCHOLOGY
Our aim is to help each athlete find their own way of optimally preparing for performance situations. This includes helping to identify, develop and employ the mental and emotional knowledge, skills, and abilities required for consistent performance excellence, whilst understanding and preventing those that inhibit.
SPORTS PSYCHOLOGY SUPPORT
Sports psychology support is tailored to individual needs. However, it may often include:
- Developing performance trust: optimising skill development and performance
- Building and maintaining confidence
- Honing optimal arousal levels (includes anxiety, aggression and anger control)
- Developing concentration and psychological training/competition focus strategies
- Reproducing training performance levels in competition
- Overcoming a performance plateau
- Developing a professional approach: promoting ownership, self-awareness, leadership skills etc.
- Rediscovering performance enjoyment and purpose
ATHLETIC INJURY AND RETIREMENT SUPPORT
Research and the media are increasingly highlighting the psychological issues that can be experienced by sports people during an injury or a career transition, such as retirement. During these times, we take a positive, proactive approach to supporting athletes. The aim is to reduce the possibility of mental ill-health and, moreover, to promote positive, personal alignment, progression and well-being.
WHAT DOES INJURY AND RETIREMENT SUPPORT INVOLVE
Injury and retirement support is tailored to meet individual needs. However, it may include the following:
- Emotional and constructive listening support
- Promoting personal control over the injury/transition process
- The identification, transfer, development and implementation of coping skills
- Identifying social support needs and optimising social support networks
- Exploring personal beliefs to promote effective decision-making and to develop a plan and vision for the future
FINDING THE RIGHT TREATMENT FOR YOU
Please do contact us to discuss your requirements and to book an initial consultation with our sports psychologist, Hannah Stoyel. To book an appointment, please contact Hannah Stoyel directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on her services and treatment fees, please go to optimisepotential-sport.com.