Pregnancy is a great personal journey for any woman and is a time of mental and physical change. It can also be a challenging time, as adjustments need to be made as the body starts to change shape. A pregnancy yoga practice can help address some of these changes in a positive way. Women who practice yoga during pregnancy are able to be really present in their bodies and connect with their unborn child. Yoga has a calming effect on the mother, which, in turn, is transmitted to the baby.
Breathing techniques learnt in pregnancy yoga can be used at anytime during pregnancy and many women find them very useful when giving birth. Focusing on the breath can have a profound effect; by learning to control the breath women may feel empowered and more in control of their thoughts and body.
HOW DOES PREGNANCY YOGA DIFFER FROM OTHER STYLES
Pregnancy yoga differs from general yoga classes, inasmuch we adapt many of the classical poses to accommodate the changes in the body. Twists are open and poses are fluid and nurturing for the mum to be. This creates space in the body and helps to alleviate some of the common ailments often associated with pregnancy such as backache, heartburn, swollen limbs, etc.
THE BENEFITS OF PREGNANCY YOGA
By practising yoga, the body is strengthened and toned. Many women find that they regain their shape and fitness more quickly after giving birth. In addition to this, spending time in a pregnancy yoga class with other women can be an emotionally bonding experience.
COST AND MORE INFORMATION
Single sessions cost £12.75 and class passes (bundles of 6 classes) cost £76.50. These are available to purchase via our online booking system. Please note that enrolment on classes closes 60 minutes before classes are due to commence, so book early to avoid disappointment. For more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07939 589 083.
- Please sign in or sign up for your class as normal.
- Enrolment for online classes closes 60 minutes before classes are scheduled to commence, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- Check your inbox for an email from us with the ZOOM meeting link around 15 minutes before the start of the class.
- Join the ‘meeting’ 5 minutes or so before the class with your audio and video switched on so that the teacher can say hello. You can then go off and do other things or get settled before the class starts.
ONLINE CLASSES: TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Our online classes are powered by ZOOM. In order to join a class:
- Download the latest version of Zoom. We recommend leaving plenty of time for this so as to avoid any last minute hitches before your class starts.
- Mobile/ Tablet users can download the ZOOM app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Ensure your device is charged sufficiently for the duration of the class (75 minutes).