WHAT IS MASSAGE THERAPY?
Massage is the manipulation of the soft tissue, particularly muscles. It promotes suppleness of the muscles, improves circulation, reduces stress levels, alleviates aches and pains and gives a general sense of well-being. It is an effective way to prevent and treat sport injuries, relieve tired stiff points and reduce swelling.
MASSAGE IS BENEFICIAL IN MANY WAYS, IT CAN HELP
- Promote suppleness of the muscles
- Improves circulation
- Reduces stress levels
- Alleviates aches and pains
- Gives a general sense of well-being
- Prevent and treat sport injuries
- Relieve tired stiff joints
- Release emotional tension
- Massage is a safe and non-invasive therapy; therefore it is suitable for all ages and conditions.
By stimulating the lymphatic system it helps with chronic skin conditions, which young people often suffer from. It can alleviate discomfort in pregnancy, and speed up recovery after a surgery. In old age it is important to maintain good mobility as well as mental activity and regular massage can help with that.
TREATMENT MAY INCLUDE
- There are several different types of massage techniques such as holistic, sport, lymphatic and the therapist can use a combination of these techniques depending on the client’s condition and needs.
- Massage therapy can be used alone or as a part of rehabilitation treatments such as physiotherapy and osteopathy.
At The Putney Clinic of Physical Therapy, we offer a wide variety of massage therapy services. Below you will find all of the massage therapy services that we currently offer. For more information about each service, click on the images.