It’s that time of the year, New Year’s resolutions to get fit or get fitter.
Exercise has so many physical and psychological benefits we can only encourage it. Why not use the new year to try a new physical activity and see if you like it? Whatever you do from running, cycling, swimming, rowing, football, weight training there are so many physical and non physical benefits. These include:
- Improves stamina
- Increases capacity – work
- Increases tendon strength
- Increases joint stability
- Increases range of movement
- Improves mood
- Decreases anxiety & mild depression
- Improves memory & decrease dementia
- Improves self-esteem.
- Decreases type 2 diabetes
- Decreases cancer rate
- Decreases osteoporosis
- Improves proprioception – elderly
- Controls body weight
- Decreases risk of heart disease
- Decreases risk of stroke
- Decreases blood pressure
We are going to focus in further blog posts on triathlon (running, cycling and swimming), the specific benefits of each sport, common injuries, injury prevention & treatment.
If you would like to try out a range of exercise classes to compliment your current sporting activities or just to try something new, from strength building to Yoga and Pilates, do join us at any of our weekly classes. No membership is required and you can book online. Check out our timetable.